Sunday, April 29, 2007
Finally a good restaurant in the Valley
We had heard through the grapevine that there was an interesting and good restaurant - Alpine Garden Grille - located next to the Recluse Gardens and Nursery off the Parks Hwy (mile 45.2). On a whim yesterday we decided to check it out... it's true... it's very nice. Linen tablecloths, fresh flowers, waterfall and rock gardens out the windows et al. It even has some tasty vegetarian options for me. I suppose I should tell you what we had. They served warm sourdough baguette with butter to start. The soup of the day was cream of mushroom, which is what Greg had with a ceasar salad. Both were good. I decided to for the big guns and got the Fettucine Alfredo, it was delicious and they did not overdo the portion size. So, the point is, we now have a nice dinner option that does not require a trip into Eagle River or Anchorage! For menus, etc... here is the website link - Alpine Garden Grille. (updated 9/13/08)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment