The parents came to visit. We didn't do much, but did have a good time together. The big adventure was a day trip into Anchorage. Here are a few photos during our time together:
 |
| Beecher's cheese |
There's a company out of Seattle, WA that's named Beecher's. They sell artisanal cheese and crackers.
 |
| A must: brunch at Snow City Cafe. |
Somehow my parents had not been to Snow City Cafe yet, even though they've visited a number of times. I think they enjoyed it as much as we do. Yum!
A locally controversial, but interesting piece of art.
 |
| We spent the afternoon here. |
It's hard to believe but this was my first trip to the Museum. I particularly enjoyed the Smithsonian Arctic Research Center exhibit. We also spent a lot of time in the Imaginarium Discovery Center playing with the hands-on science experiments.
 |
| First oriental poppy bloom of the summer. |
It seems that the flowers are blooming later this year than usual. I have two buds on my peony plant, but I've heard unless ants crawl on the buds and do their "thing" (whatever that is) they won't bloom.
 |
| Deck basket. |
No comments:
Post a Comment