My Himalayan blue poppies are blooming again. I think they are special, they only grow in very cold moist climates. Apparently they do well here in the Anchorage area and in Scotland. I looked them up on the internet, they are difficult to grow in the lower 48. We just bought them on a whim at our local nursery (I might also add that they were not cheap!) and I did not know what I was getting myself into. I will try my best to keep them alive and well.

1 comment:
Gorgeous! I've tried growing them, but haven't had luck getting them to return the following year. My neighbor has a patch of different kinds of Poppies. They are really stunning...I'm trying my hand at some this summer. My flowers are much larger than hers. For some reason a couple of them never opened. The true test will be if they return next summer.
Post a Comment